Wonderful Grape Fizz for Wonderful Spring Afternoons
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
This is a fun, refreshing and bubbly drink and is a perfect accompaniment to sunny spring lunch. Grapes and lemon work very well together in this drink. Call it fizz on the rocks!
This can be turned into a full-on cocktail by adding a shot of Vodka or Tequila. I kept it alcohol free. And of course, how it can not be without any Indian twist. I added some roasted cumin powder to give it that Indian kick taste-wise. As far as the recipe goes, it’s very simple and quick to put together. So, if you have any friends coming over during the weekend, you can fancy up your menu by brining in this drink. Or you can simply enjoy it during the lazy Sunday afternoon while you soak in your favorite book or TV show.
Speaking of TV shows, our lives right now are divided into two parts – the night we watch Game of Thrones and the nights when we do not watch Game of Thrones. Yes, the house is that crazy about the show. April has become so exciting with the series!
Coming back to the recipe, please see the detailed steps below. And as always, do not hesitate to ask a question or leave a suggestion in the comment box below!
Recipe – Makes 2 glasses
- Black seedless grapes – 2 cups
- Black salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ice cubes – 7-8
- Lemon soda or club soda or ginger ale – 1 cup
- Lemon – 1
- Thoroughly wash the grapes and blend them well with sugar, salt and roasted cumin powder.
- Strain the grape juice using a strainer and separate out the solids. Do no throw away the solids. You can actually use them to make flavored yogurt!
- Next in a glass, take half of the grape juice concentrate and add a few ice cubes and a couple of lemon slices. Muddle everything together.
- Top it with soda and serve immediately.
Your turn now!
Do you also love making colorful summer drinks? I would love to hear about all the variations that you might have tried. Please leave a comment below and lets spin up fun and refreshing drinks together.