Dense Fudgy Bite Size Brownies
Its very important to take care of measurements in baking and have the ingredients at room temperature to get the desired results. Put the eggs and butter out of the refrigerator a couple of hours before you plan to bake. And no, heating up a little in microwave won’t help, it has to be room temperature, neither cold nor hot.
- All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1 tablespoon
- Instant coffee powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Brown sugar – 1/4 cup packed
- White granulated sugar – 1/3 cup
- Eggs -3 eggs at room temperature
- Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup
- Chocolate chips – 6 ounces
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Butter a light colored pan and line with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. When the chocolate is completely smooth, take off the bowl from the water pan. Add butter to the melted chocolate and mix the both together.
- Now add white and brown sugars and coffee powder to the chocolate and butter mixture. It may take a little muscle power at this point to mix everything together.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, salt and cocoa powder together and carefully fold in the chocolate mixture. Don’t whisk too much, you don’t want the batter to become airy. Your brownies will end up being cakey.
- Now pour the batter in buttered pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Store at room temperature in an air tight container.